CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Soccer Star!


A couple weeks ago, Lexie started Soccer!  She's playing in the Castle Rock league and is in the U4 group.  Ryan is her coach and she absolutely loves it!!  Above is a pic of her before her first practice....as you can see--I hadn't played soccer in a long time because I was the nerd who put the shin guards on on the outside!!
I figured it out by the next practice though.  At the  beginning she was more excited to wear her cute socks and matching bow but now that she's had a few practices and a game she LOVES soccer.
Ryan plays Simon Says with them, duck duck goose...all kinds of games that he's switched up a bit and added in some soccer...the kids LOVE him! 
Lexie with Coach Daddy
She hasn't scored a goal yet--but they've only had one game.  We told her if she scored a goal during a game she gets an ice cream cone...I think next game she just might do it...
Just a side note--people think I'm so funny that I always have a bow in her hair--one lady actually said to me: "this isn't a fashion show."  :)  But doesn't she just look so darling in her little uniform? 
We are really glad we signed her up.  Every Monday we have practice and every Wednesday we have a game and we all LOVE IT!  While Lexie plays Shay Shay and I go to Bison Park which is right next to the field and play on the playground.  Truth be told--she wishes she could play too--she's definitely tall enough but just not quite old enough!  Next year we will probably try and put them on the same team--won't that be fun?

4 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

SO glad you posted this. Kaden starts soccer next week. I can't WAIT! But I hadn't even thought about socks to go over the shin guards. I'd better hop to it!

Kayla and Trent Romney said...

Man these pictures are so sweet. I was just thinking that Lexie is looking so grown up!! I can't believe how much she has grown in just the last few months of not seeing you guys! This is making me a little sad that we're not around anymore. I feel a Colorado trip coming on soon

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

So cute! It looks like she is having so much fun!! And I love the bow in her hair, and doesn't that mom know, it is ALWAYS a fashion show :)

Niederfam said...

So fun!!! Of course it's about the outfit, silly, she's a GIRL, and a GIRLY girl, for SURE!!!! :)