For the last couple of years, Ryan and I have been debating about moving to Colorado...that's where his job takes him most of the time because that is his territory. We stayed in Utah for so long because it was hard for me to leave his family and we didn't know quite what to do with our house. Well we put our house up for rent and we did it! We now live in Castle Rock, Colorado. And it's been an adventure thus far!
Moving was a ton of work...you don't realize how much stuff you have until you have to pack it up in boxes. That whole week we were moving is a blur. We packed, we spotlessly cleaned our house to ready it for the renters, and the last couple days we stayed with Ryan's parents, who were AMAZING throughout this process. We really could not have done it without them. Ryan's Mom watched our girls for an entire day and helped us clean our house. Ryan's Dad actually drove the moving truck for us so Ryan could be in the car with me. That was a HUGE blessing. I will love Bruce forever for doing that for us! Here we are at Ryan's parents house the morning we began our drive for Colorado.
Here is Ryan and I at our house in front of my red wall--I will miss you red wall...soon, we'll be together again but in a new house!
The drive out here was interesting because Lexie has a fear of public bathrooms. It took us almost ten hours to get here and she did not go ONCE. I put a diaper on her finally because I was so worried she'd wet through onto her car seat, but she didn't. Once we got her potty seat for her at the new house(which we are renting), she went. I still am laughing at the "ahhhhhh" sounds she was making while going to the bathroom. She is one stubborn girl with an iron bladder.
Both girls were excited to see something familiar like Lexie's bed. I LOVE this picture. They really are such great friends and I am so so grateful for that.
They were so excited that Colorado has chocolate ice cream too. This picture demonstrates my Shay Shay to a T. Silly and Darling!
We decided rather than setting up Shay's crib, which takes FOREVER, we would try her out in a big girl bed. We bought her the same bed Lexie has so now they match and Shay couldn't be more happy about it. I wondered if she would struggle, but she really has done amazingly well. As long as she has her pink blanket life is good.
Lexie loves that now she and Shay have matching bedding and beds. Lexie struggled a little the first few days we were here. She is my one who doesn't like change very much. It was rough for a bit, but we are finally getting into more of a routine and we have our house at least functional now.
I have to say that I believe we are going to love Castle Rock. Everything I have learned about it this past week has been so positive. It's BEAUTIFUL and I have seen the sun everyday since we've been here. I'm just grateful to have Ryan around more. It's really hard to make such a big decision as moving, especially to another state, but the longer we are here, the more sure we are that we made the right decision. We really miss Ryan's family but we do live in a really cool place now, so hopefully people will come visit! Hello Colarado!!!
4 comments:
look at you all up to date on your blog!!! impressive! i love that you made it and that you like it so far! i'm sure it is going to be a great place for you guys! miss ya!!
Holy cow! I've been wondering how you're doing and can't believe I missed seeing this post until today! I'm glad you made it safe and are doing well. I'm excited for you and your new adventure. CO is awesome!!! Miss you though!
That is a hard decision to leave family, but if it means you see your hubby more, I think you made the right decision too. We've had to go through that too:-) We love Colorado, although we've never lived there!
YAY. I'm glad it's going so well!!! We miss you too. Can't wait to see pics of the new place. hint hint. ;)
Post a Comment