May is always really busy for us and this May was no exception. Mother's Day last weekend was great for me, but a little rough for Shay. She woke up in the wee hours of the morning just crying and crying. After a few hours she crashed but obviously wasn't feeling so good. I stayed home from church with her so she could sleep and Ryan taught my nursery class and Lexie went to church with him. We went to Ryan's parents house later that day for dinner and here is Shay in her jammies playing with toys. Obviously she wasn't feeling good. Her eyes got all glazed and she just wasn't acting like my Shay. So, the next morning we went to the Dr. Both ears were infected as well as her sinus'. Neither of my girls had ever had an ear infection so it took me a bit to figure out that's what it was. I felt so bad for her. And to have 2 at the same time! Poor thing. But it was a nice day in spite of all that. Ryan is always so sweet to me. I got a big boquet of yellow roses and he helped out with the kids ALOT!
Here is Lexie enjoying a cupcake at Grandma's. She had a good day too.
Later in the week Lexie got a hold of some Desitin. Yep, it was everywhere. I was really glad that I wasn't in charge of the kids that day.
Thursday was our Anniversary. 5 whole years. We went to dinner at Tucanos at Gateway and then he took me to Brighton and bought me a charm bracelet. Brighton is my favorite Jewelry store so it was really sweet of him.
Friday we took a small hike with Ryan's family. If you look closely you can see the Draper temple in the background. It was beautiful and the girls really enjoyed it.
Ryan's Grandpa is 93 years old (I think). 90 something anyway. He hiked just as well as the rest of us. It's amazing to me that he is doing as well as he is at his age.
You can see the temple a little better in this picture. Anyway--it was a really great day to take a hike. Thanks Dad for putting it together! We had a blast!
7 comments:
I know...May does seem to always be a busy month! I feel like we've been SO busy too! But at least it is usually fun stuff since it is finally warm! Your hike looked beautiful! And I'm so glad you had a nice anniversary! Isn't it crazy how fast time flies once you're married? I swear the years before I got married dragged on and on (not that they were bad, they just didn't seem to go as fast as they do now!) holy novel of a comment! Anyway, that was sad when Shay was sick! Hope to see you tomorrow at church!
Every time Kaden makes a huge mess it's because Daddy was in charge. Funny how that works. I can't believe grandpa is still hiking! That's just CRAZY!
my grandpa is in the internet! thanks for posting that pic.
Happy Anniversary!
That's funny, our 6th anniversary was yesterday the 16th and we almost went to Tucanos in Albuquerque but we changed our minds and went somewhere else.
I can't believe it has been 5 years! Time FLIES by! Poor Shay! Hope she is feeling better. I wanted to add how adorable you look in a hat!
I love the one of desitin! Ha! It makes me wonder if she was trying to put it on like shaving cream...??
Post a Comment