CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We miss it already!

Arizona that is!  We were able to stay with my parents in AZ for 3 whole weeks.  Everything was so much fun!  So, bear with me, there are tons of pictures but that's because we did tons of stuff!  So much has happened since I last updated.  
Here we are on New Years.  We always do a really big party at my parents house.  We play games, eat tons of good food, and count down the New Year!  When there are 8 kids in your family, with all their friends, it tends to be a huge party!  
Here we are on Lexie's 2nd birthday.  On the plate there are monkey's spelled out in a 2.  Yeah, cheesy I know, but when she gets older she'll appreciate it.  Monkey's are kind of like a pancake, but way better!  It's a tradition in my family that we're passing on.
I just love this picture of my girls.
It's so nice in AZ right now!  The weather wasn't below 70 very many days.  We did quite a few things outside.  Going to the park in December is definitely a plus.  Lexie loved the swings!
We gave Shay her first taste of baby food in AZ.  She didn't do half bad.  I guess when you wait until their 6 months old they're ready.  I was a little late, but I guess better late than never!
Come on seriously, can she get any cuter?
Here are my parents with all the grandkids.  Although, we were excited to hear that Brett and Elisha are expecting, as are Greg and Bethanie!  So by summer time we'll have 14 grand kids!
For Christmas I made my parents a book with pictures of all their children with their children.  They LOVED it.  And we loved giving it to them.  As you can see everyone was excited!
That same night we did a little Birthday party for Lexie.  She got such cute gifts!  She had a blast opening her presents!
She couldn't get enough of feeding her little baby doll.  She's really been into dolls lately.  It amazes me how smart she is.  I catch her doing things that I do with Shay all the time  She pats her babies back, and gives her kisses.  She 'TRIES' to wrap her up in her blanket.  She's got that nurturing thing down pretty well I think.  
Here she is blowing out her cupcake!  
A different game night we ended it with smores in my parents backyard!  They were awesome, and again remember it's December people.  I love AZ!
Lexie tried to shave her face like daddy and ended up having to get a band aid.  Lexie also learned how to get out of her crib at my parents house.  She got some nice bonks on her head but that didn't stop her.  Let's just say Lexie has definitely hit her Terrible Two's.  They are here with a force, but she's still fun!  A little crazy, but fun.
My parents have a bunch of orange trees and Lexie LOVED to pick the oranges.  She loved to put them in the bucket.  We would pick them and then juice them and she seriously could not get enough.  
We had to do it more than just a few times because it was so much fun!
Sadly our trip had to come to an end, but before we could leave we visited my grandparents.  I am so lucky to have three of them still around.  Here we are with my Grandma and Grandpa Adair.  My Grandpa loved the girls.  He wouldn't stop smiling and he said there is no other family as good looking as his.  He's so cute!
And here we are with my Grandma Romney.  She just couldn't get over Lexie's curls and she thought Shay looked just like me.  I would have to agree....after all, her middle name is Rebecca.
Although we were sad to leave, we're happy to be home.  Being in your own house is really nice and my girls were happy to be back in their routine, as was I!  

6 comments:

Niederfam said...

Oh it looks SOOOO fun and SOOOOO warm. But I for one am glad you came back!!! See you Saturday at the next ParTy!!!!

Perschon Family said...

I'm SO jealous that you got to enjoy 70 degree weather in December! It looked like you had tons of fun but I'm glad you're back cause I'm selfish and I want to hang out! ha!

galbraithfam said...

YAY! So much fun. And AZ was sooo nice! Glad you got to stay and enjoy the nice weather!

galbraithfam said...

Ok the last comment was really Nicole! Ha I'm on your computer and didn't think about signing in as me ;)

Emily said...

I wish I had a home in AZ to go chill at for 3 weeks in the dead of winter!! Looks like you had a blast. But it was high time you got home to Utah! We missed you! See you Saturday!

Chels said...

I'm so glad that you had so much fun! And I'm glad you like warm weather and that you got some. I was happy here in the cold so we both got what we wanted :) I have missed you so much and am happy you are back though! We need to hang out!!!!