I have a feeling all mothers who read this post will appreciate it. Lexie has decided that she does not enjoy wearing clothing. These next few paragraphs will illustrate my point.
We were shopping at Ross. Shay was in her carseat in the cart, and Lexie was in the basket of the cart. I got focused on shopping for seriously a second and she had magically discarded all of her clothing....all of it! She was working on her diaper tabs when I caught her. Humiliating right?
Yeah, not even the worst one. About a week ago I was hanging out at my house with my girls. Ryan was at scouts so we were doing what we always do when he's at scouts....watching Gilmore Girls. A friend stopped by to very kindly drop off some pumpkin pie and decided to say hello for a few minutes. She was saying hi to my girls like any nice person would and scooped Lexie into her arms. After holding her for a few minutes she politely asks me, "So, do you always just let Lexie run around in a onesie?' I didn't get it at first until I saw them. Lexie's naked buns were touching her forearm! Ewww! Gross. That's all I could think. I was so embarassed that Lexie had stripped her diaper off. I was even more embarassed that I hadn't even noticed. I was pure white trash that night. It was a good laugh, but I know that deep down inside my friend is thinking, 'what kind of mother lets her kids hang out naked while watching gilmore girls?'. I swear, I didn't know!!!!
I know that when I was a kid I had a period of clothing discardation.....yeah I made up that word. The neighbor used to find me running around naked in the neighborhood. I so feel my mothers pain. So, is it genetic? Is it a stage? Any help with getting over this please!! It's a good thing I'm her nursery leader now because last week I caught her a few times taking off her bloomers! Any advice is appreciated!
5 comments:
Thanks for the good laugh! Ryan won't wear socks. He says they're "icky." I've found him undressing himself a lot lately and he tells me he wants a bath. This actually started because on occasion he shoots pee straight out of his diaper at night and all up his pj top. Nice. Aren't you glad you have girls after hearing that. :) So, he thinks a bath a night and in the morning sounds great. Of course there are other reasons for disrobing. He's taken a liking to dress up clothes...the girl ones. So fun! We'll have to have you and the girls come over and play dress up too. We have lots of girl dress up stuff.
PS Thanks for watching Ryan today!
I LOVE IT! I'm so glad I clicked on your blog tonight! I needed that! I haven't dealt with that stage yet so I don't have any advice but if I see a little girl running around Ross without any clothes on I know who to page over their intercom!!! ha ha!
I LOVE that you said, "I was pure white trash". Hahaha...that is so something Meg and I would say. And I wouldn't feel embarrassed if I were you. It's funny for the rest of us, though I'm sure it's frustrating for you. Oh, and THANK YOU for having us over for dinner! We had so much fun just chatting, eating, and hanging out with you guys. Sorry we couldn't stay longer!
Running around naked...she must have gotten that from her mother!
Post a Comment