CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Terrible Two's

So, Lexie Lexie Lexie. Let's just call her my more spirited daughter at this point. The last few days I have figured out why Lexie has been on Santa's (and most definitely my) naughty list. She's almost 2! Yesterday at Joanne Fabrics she was lucky I didn't pull her pants down and spank her naked buns. She was sooo naughty. And today she just about gave me a heart attack. Here it goes.

We had her little cousin Molly over while her parents went to the temple and Lexie got into my jewelery. I walked in on her and got after her for making the mess. She was holding a pair of earrings in her hands and didn't want to give it back to me. So when I went to take them by force Lexie got angry and screamed NO! then purposefully stuck an earring back into her own ear. She just shoved it in! I couldn't even see it let alone get it out. I was freaking out and then she started crying because it hurt. If only she could understand me I would have said....."Good! You put the dumb thing in there!" AAAghgghghgh!

After calling the doctor and being seriously sick to my stomach because I was sooo worried about her and her ear, I figured it out! I used one of my jewelery tools with a really long nose to dig it out. I cannot tell you the sigh of relief I let out. It wasn't her favorite thing but you could tell she was happier. I was so paranoid that I checked her other ear out and guess what! There was a bead stuck in that one. No wonder she hasn't been listening to anything I say. She can't hear a word! Luckily I dug that one out too and life is good....for now. As good as it can be with a 2 year old. I truly do understand the terrible two's!

8 comments:

•stephanie• said...

it's also super fun when they eat random objects and you get to do poop checks.

good times!

Perschon Family said...

seriously! i can't believe that! I'm SO glad you got it out! I think Luke must be hitting the terrible 2s a little early cause we had a crazy night tonight! he got a hold of one of my scentsy blocks and took a bite of the Christmas Candy Apple scent. He got the lotion and squirted lotion all over the carpet before I got to him, he climbed on top of his dresser and touched the hot light bulb on the lamp and burned his hand and then he fell off the dresser. seriously...all of that happened within a minute of him running away from where I was at. and by the time i caught up to him (while trying to keep max out of trouble too) he had gotten into something new.

So basically....reading your post tonight made me feel better to know that my kids aren't the only ones doing naughty things! Good thing Lexie is so dang cute! That will save her in the future!

Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving! I hate that I never see you and we live so close! Rediculous! We must do something about that! Good luck keeping her out of trouble! hee hee!

Nelsons Blog said...

So funny....now that it's over of course. I was going to call you the other day to tell you about when we were in Old Navy and all of the sudden I looked in the back of the basket and Ryan had undressed himself down to his diaper. I immediatly though of Lexie! Sean asked why I didn't notice him do it. Well, when you've got a baby carseat attached to the front you can't see down in the basket part!!! Little stinkers!

The Grant Family said...

That last entry is from me, Stephanie Grant! I just realized as I clicked that I was signed in as my dad. Oops!!!

Lisa Marie said...

Holy cow! Kaden is into hitting me right now when I make him do something he doesn't like. I'm thinking I like hitting better than sticking something in the ear. Ya.

When my niece was 2 she stuck a gum wrapper up her nose and my sister had to take her to the emergency room to get it out. Oh the joys of 2 year olds!

A Little Bit of Aloha said...

Oh Wow! What talent Lexie has! I totally would've freaked out. I soooo can't wait till Kea hits the two's in full force!! But good job mom, hang in there!!

Daniel and Krystal said...

Its always good to read things like this so that I'm grateful for what I've got! Won't be too long til I understand though I'm sure!

Elisha said...

Ah Becky, that was hilarious! I wish I could say it gets easier! Can't wait to see ya!