'P' is a nickname for Pinky, who is a bear. Pinky just recently joined the family as Lexie's tag-a-long buddy. 'P' sleeps with Lexie, eats with Lexie, says prayers with Lexie.....she is Lexie's sidekick all day long. Just a little story that involves Pinky and Lexie: Today I was putting the baby to bed and Lexie came into my bedroom just screaming...Mama! Mama! She was so loud she woke up Shay, which obviously made me a little testy--I freaked out ok--so I put her in her bedroom and shut the door so I could calm down Shay and get her settled. (Ok--I know I sound like such a mean Mom. I really do love my kids) Anyway, as soon as Shay was down, I went to get Lexie who was now crying and screaming. I opened her door and tried to console her, but she wouldn't let me hold her...which was wierd. She kept screaming the same thing over and over--it took me a minute to figure it out. She was saying "'P', 'P'" I found Pinky for her and Lexie immediately gave her kisses and then put her arms up for me to hold her. It's nice to know that all I have to do is give her Pinky and life is all better.
SO, let me tell you a little bit about our little stuffed animal friend. I named her Pinky, but Lexie nicknamed her 'P'--basically Lexie can't say Pinky, and 'P' is what comes out when she talks 'to' (Yes Lexie talks to her new friend), or about Pinky. (Not bad for a 1 1/2 year old eh?) I'm just glad she hasn't figured out that 'P' could go on car trips with her.
Anyway, here are a few pic's of Lexie and her buddy.


13 comments:
That is hilarious! Just wait until Pinky is lost and you can't find her ANYWHERE! Then you're in BIG trouble! She's such a doll!
Those pictures are so sweet. My 3 yr old still has to sleep with a bunny that he got for easter 2 years ago and I think it's cute.
I love the "P" bear...that is sooo cute!
Cute! If you can remember where you got Pinky, you might want to go buy another one as a back up. Things could get nasty if/when you lose it.
becky ROMNEY galbraith... This is Melissa QUENT farmer and I found your blog, and died, because I haven't seen your smiling face in a super long time! I am so happy to see that you and your family are doing great!! I can not believe that you are a mother of TWO! Your daughters are both very beautiful! Whenever you come into town we will have to get together!!
I love Lexie Lou! She is so darn cute...and she is such a poser, so I am definitely a fan...I mean, who doesn't love a camera? Especially when you have your best friend at your side? I am glad she has "P". She is so smart for only being 1 1/2. And you are a great Mom! I can't believe how calm you are about everything. Even in the pictures from the hospital you look relatively calm as if you are in control and everything will work out. I look up to you so much!
OH...that is so sweet! She is a cutie and I loved having her over! She'll have to come play again cause she is adorable!!! (Luke LOVES his stuffed Dog! He wants it all the time! I think it is cute when they get attached to soft things!)
so cute......and seriously the car is fine, it's INSIDE the store, church, all of the above that makes me worried!!!
OH very good advice about having a back up, I totally agree, get one NOW!!!!!
I love it!! Cute bear.
Oh- so cute! I am so glad that Kristin doesn't have something she will scream for. She just wants a blankie when she goes to bed. It doesn't have to be a certain blankie- just one of the many! This may be our future with another baby though- you never know!
Check out blingblingbyamelia (dot) blogspot (dot) com for a BLING GIVEAWAY! Contest ends August 25th!
So funny, I would hate to see what would happen if you really lost Pinky. Keep a close eye on that bear.
Post a Comment