This past Easter weekend was great! I spent Friday and Saturday making the girls Easter dresses....Ryan just loved that I was in my craft room all day!;) But my mom called and gave him something to do Saturday....she sent him to the store to buy me flowers! Aren't they gorgeous!?! Thanks Mom and Dad!
I stayed up until about 11:30 Saturday night finishing them. I hung them up on these doorknobs, like my mom used to do for us when I was little, and I was all excited--and after I woke the girls up I could not get Shay to stop yawning! Lexie couldn't open her eyes because it was 'too bright'...LAME!But after they ate breakfast and put their dresses on, they were actually excited about them--good thing too!
Here the girls are in their finished Easter dresses--cute huh? Now, if it wasn't 40 degrees outside they wouldn't have to wear sweaters...oh wells.
Love that they love each other so much!
Me, with my flowers from my parents--aren't they gorgeous?
Since we have church at 8am, the Easter Bunny came a little later--after church. Here's Lexie with her loot and I couldn't get Shay to stand still--she was already hyped up on her candy it seems!
But here's proof that the Easter Bunny did bring her something.
The girls had to find their Easter Eggs because the Easter Bunny was sneaky and wanted them to have some sort of an Easter Egg Hunt. Lexie LOVED it!
So, I really wanted to get a pic of the dress without the sweater--wasn't really happening--but Shay sorta posed for me--here she is trying to hit me with a rock--she missed by the way.:)
Here she was telling me I had a stinky bum.:) Isn't she lovely?
And this is the best pic I had of what her dress looked like! Lexie's is a little different--they had the same fabric but I just switched it around so it looked different...I LOVE how their dresses turned out this year.
Our amazing friends--the Hall's--invited us over for Easter dinner-which was AMAZING(we are so glad we have them!), but I didn't get any pics except this one.
We hung out until about 10pm...Can you tell the girls were tired--they were watching Despicable Me on Ryan's phone--gotta love technology. Anyway, hope yours was as grand as ours! Happy Easter!
2 comments:
Yay for next posts!! This is the only way I get to "see" you guys!! Loved the dresses! I can't believe you stayed up so late! I would have bagged it! But I guess I'm lazy...
The house looks great too! So exciting. And happy bday to you! Hope you had a fun time!! Too bad we couldn't spoil you here.
Great job on the dresses. They turned out so cute!
Post a Comment