CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful Tree

On November 1st we had a little family home evening about being Thankful.  Every night, before we put the kiddos to bed we would write on a leaf and say what we were thankful for.  The girls LOVED it.  Truthfully, I'm a little sad to have it come to an end....it was a great reminder and really got us all in the spirit of Thanksgiving.  I am sad I'll have to take it down soon!

I loved some of the things they came up with.  It will definitely be a Galbraith tradition from here on out!
 
Random, but in Ryan's family, for Thanksgiving his Mom always makes these famous rolls  Since we aren't going to be with them this year, Ryan asked that I try to make them.  Here I am practicing...I can definitely see why Marie only does them once a year!  They are a lot of work, but I think they will turn out.  They are rising as we speak....crossing my fingers.

I'm not a big baker--I love to cook, but not bake...so this will be interesting!  I hope they work--otherwise we might be doing Rhodes on Thanksgiving....which wouldn't be all that bad--have you ever had Rhodes?  They are pretty much a staple at my house.  What are some of your Thanksgiving traditions?

3 comments:

erinmalia said...

My Thanksgiving tradition is eating Aunt Marie's yummy rolls! Send some my way, please. :)

Niederfam said...

LOVE the Thankful tree idea, we'll have to try that.....so cute!!!! AND I haven't ever attempted mom's rolls, never even tried, but I guess I've always been with HER, so you know???

I'm sure you nailed it, I HOPE. Happy Thanksgiving!!! Miss you guys!!!!

Skyler and Kaitlin Ferguson said...

That thankful tree is such a good idea! I love that! How did your rolls work out? Yeah, I have tried to make rolls too because my mother in law does them as well. Mine didn't turn out as good, but they weren't bad either! :) I hope you had a fun Thanksgiving! I'm excited to see you guys in less than a month!!!!!!!