CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Summer Vacation

We started our vacation out by driving to Utah to hit some stores and visit some friends...here I am with my good friend Andrea Robison...we had dinner and played games...we are excited for them to come visit us in Colorado next month!
We also got to have a hang out night with some of my family.  We went to Outback for dinner and then came back to Ryan's parents house to make fabric bows and play maffia! Here's Trent, Kayla and Kaitlin with me!
Here's Kaitlin, Skyler, Trent, Shay, Lexie, and Kayla.
After a couple days we started our Trek out to California to spend a week with Ryan's whole family.  We made a pit stop in St. George and stayed at a friend of a friends...the girls got to have a sleep over and as you can see, they were very excited!
Once we got to California of course we had to hit the pool!  Here's Lexie with Grandma Galbraith!
I love Shay's face here!  She's a sassy girl.....
The night before we went to Disneyland we decided it would be fun to celebrate an unbirthday for all the kids because we don't get to be there for them! (sad)  So we bought cupcakes and sang happy birthday--Zack got to be special because he got his MCAT scores back and did great!
I bought all the kiddos Disney jammies which I think they thought was pretty fun!  It made them all pretty excited to go to Disneyland!  Isn't this such a cute picture of all the Galbraith Grandkids?  Yeah, I know--we are a good looking family!
First pic in Disneyland--Ryan and Shay on Pirates!  Love her!
Good thing we met up with Princess Tiana...Lexie was SO SO excited to meet a princess!
I love how the girls are both so excited to hold Pooh's hand. 
The more characters we met the more Lexie warmed up...Tigger was actually pretty silly....of course the girls loved it!
So, for those of you who know Shay it is obvious why I had to purchase these leash backpacks....the girls LOVED them and so did I because I ALWAYS knew where they were--definitely worth the peace of mind!
The carousel was a big hit for both girls.  Shay was a little nervous at first but got the hang of it pretty quickly.  Lexie was very particular about which horse she sat on....hers had to be pink and purple!
I love Disneyland because I love it as much as my kiddos do!
Shay finally taking her little catnap.  It really was a long day and she was sooo good!
We got to watch Princess Aurora tell us her story during storytime.  This was definitely a highlight for my girls.  Aurora is one of Lexie's favorite Princesses.




Lexie lovin' Minnie...
Yeah I know, we are so cute...And look we match each other and the wall!
This was Shay at 10:00 at night.  Glad she got that nap eh?  She was quite hyper--it had been a fun day!  California was fun in general!  Thanks Mom and Dad for treating us!  We've got lots of pics to prove all the fun we had!


After California we realized we were only 4 hours away from my parents home in AZ so we took a little detour and stopped by to say hello!  One of the first things we did was go to a Diamond backs game.  After all six years we have been married this was the first time Ryan had been.  It was fun and we got to go with my brothers Brett and Rob's families as well as Kaitlin and Skyler!
Here's Shay hanging out with Nana who is one of her new favorite people.  Shay LOVED her--almost as much as she loved Daisy, her dog. :)
Here I am with  my Grandma Romney....isn't she beautiful?  She came over for dinner one night and made me one happy woman!  There's a reason for that--but I kind of have to keep it a secret-let's just say it was a surprising and exciting night for me! Thanks Grandma! We also got to go see my Grandma and Grandpa Adair...neither of them are feeling very well so it was a quick visit but I was really happy to go and see them.

Rob and Stacey's family came over one night and we did a little karaoke...Lexie LOVED the microphone and serenaded us with songs like Sleeping Beauty, The skunk song, Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam and Reverently, Quietly....it was absolutely adorable.
This is Payton--Rob's son.  He was SO SO nice to Lexie and Shay.  He played dolls with her, dress up, you name it...Lexie LOVES him.
Another day Brett's girls came over with Aunt Kaitlin to swim....we all had fun in the pool!
Lexie enjoying one of Papa's snow cones....I don't think my kids had ever had one before but the both loved it!
Shay kept putting more and more syrup in hers--yes that is yellow!
I thought this was so cute-Lexie chatting it up with Uncle Rob.  Everytime we come down she is very nervous around Uncle Rob at first...but by the last night she LOVES him....I thought it was so cute that he was just talking to her and she of course loved it.
It was a GREAT vacation.  We did a lot of driving and not alot of sleeping but it was worth it!  Lexie got a little car sick on the way home which made me so sad.  She even threw up once--not fun.  But all in all--both girls were GREAT travelers.  This last picture was when we were on our way home.  NOTE to self: never give Shay chocolate covered pretzels in the car....



3 comments:

Perschon Family said...

how fun to look at all your pictures from your vacation! looks like it was a BLAST! your girls are beautiful! i can't believe how much shay has changed since you moved. she looks so much older! SO STINKIN CUTE! and your grandma is gorgeous! wow! i hope i look at good at her age! it sounds like you're doing so good! one of these days we need to chat and catch up! thanks for your comment on my blog. i don't update as much as i should any more but loved this bday pictures so at least got them on. my sister found that jacket at gap! i love it too! talk to you soon!

Meg said...

I can't believe you came to Utah and didn't see me!! You hussy!! Just kidding, I'm not mad, just sad because I HATE that you live in Colorado. I hate even more that we wasted an entire freakin year not hanging out when we could have. Our hang out night at the mall was one of the greatest nights, and we should have done more of those.

Anyway, I'm jealous that you went to Disneyland, and that you had such a long vacation. I could certainly use one of those!

I frequent your blog a lot, I just never leave comments. I know that's lame because i am a comment lover on my own blog. So here you go. And I miss you guys!!!

Niederfam said...

So great, LOVE vacations, but it's nice to get out of the car and stay out too!!!! So fun to SEE you and spend some time with you, maybe we can meet up again to ski in Colorado this winter. We'll cross our fingers!!! xxxoxoxthiza