CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Soccer and licorice

Saturday night Ryan and I were able to go to the Real soccer game.  I've never been to a professional soccer game before and it was definitely worth getting a babysitter.  We had so much fun!!  And our seats were great!  We will definitely be going back soon!
The other day I was at the store trying to pick up a few things and Shay just wasn't having any fun.  She was so fussy, so I gave her a piece of licorice and she was super quiet the rest of the time!  She was definitely a mess and we got a few laughs from some ladies at the store, but I'm sure I knew what they were thinking-- "we've been there!"  
So since she loved it so much at the store, I figured why not, she can have one tonight!  It is definitely her new favorite treat!  It makes her so happy and pleasant to be around I don't even care that it gets all over the place!  Lexie thinks it's hilarious.  She just points at Shay and says "Mommy, Shay messy.  Ew, Shay messy!"  Anyway, as you can see she had a blast!

And I'm not going to lie--it definitely made me feel cool--since licorice is my favorite treat and all too.  It makes me feel cool to know both my girls following in my footsteps!  At least in some ways!

7 comments:

Perschon Family said...

I'm all about treats, even if they are messy! If it makes them happy, it makes me happy!

And the Real soccer game sounds WAY fun!!!! We'll have to go! Cut picture of you guys!

I'll give you a call cause we need to hang out this week!!!

The Grant Family said...

Lovin' it! I've had moms in stores telling me how they "remember the days" lately. It's so nice to be understood. Makes me feel better about the fit the kids are having as I'm trying to get SOMETHING accomplished :)

Emily said...

Im so jealous you got to go to a soccer game! How did they do? You left that part out!

What fun are treats if you can't get them all over your face? I still seem to end up with some there even at 23.

Courtney Brasher said...

Ok, I already knew that shay was a little cutie pie but lately She really is starting to grow up and look so dang adorable! She is such a beautiful little girl. You guys are going to have major troubles with kickin off the boys when Shay and lexy get into their teens:)

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

When I read the title of your post I immediately thought about you with that HUGE tub of licorice!! Good times! I know how much you love licorice and it is great for you to have a daughter who loves it too!! (and is starting batting!) What a great date night activity! It looks like you guys had a blast!

Nicole said...

Glad you guys went! And how was David A?!! You'll have to give me the scoop!

Licorice, gotta love it!

Unknown said...

Hey Ryan! I ran into your blog from Heidi's. Your wife is beautiful and your girls are adorable, glad to see life is treating you well.

maurisa (jones) walker