CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I turn around for just a second.....

And we wind up in the hospital! Yesterday morning Lexie decided it would be fun to pull my IB-Profen bottle off my nightstand and eat them. I have no idea how many she ate, unfortunately, so after a friendly phone call to poison control, we were off to the hospital.
Truthfully, it was awful. I have never felt like a lamer mother than in those moments. I felt so sad for Lexie. They made her take 4 huge syringes full of charcoal. She screamed the whole way through and to top it off they had to draw blood from her tiny little hand. I had crocodile tears streaming my face when they did that. But Lexie was a champ....afterward they gave her an orange popsicle and life was good. I wish so many things in my life were made better with a popsicle! Anyway...learn from my mistake....put up your pill bottles! Here are just a few pictures from the ordeal. Sorry, some are a little blurry.
After the horrible ordeal
Right before As you can see it was early in the morning....Don't we look hot?!

11 comments:

Niederfam said...

So I did hear about that one, I'm SO SORRY. It's definitely a day to call yourself "mother of the year" DUDE, we have all been there, I'm just glad it turned out so well in the end!!! The pictures are still cute and someday Lexie will love this story!!!! And we'll be laughing about it!!!!

The Grant Family said...

I am so so sorry for you! Once I caught Ryan drinking from the childrens Motrin. I had just checked the lid to make sure it was locked and then handed it to him to play with....dumb! I have no idea how he got it open, but he did. I called poison control and luckily he didn't drink too much and he was fine, but I cried for hours after thinking what a horrible mother I was! So sorry for you...it happens though.

Perschon Family said...

I'm SO SORRY! I'm glad she's ok and she does look like a champ in those pics! It happens more than you'd think! My sister and i decided to share the whole bottle of our yummy vitamins when we were little. Bad idea! They gave us stuff to make us throw up!

Chels said...

That is one of the worst stories ever! But I ended up laughing when I saw the pictures. I love the picture of the two of you before the ordeal. I love that Lexie is smiling tenatively...she is such a trooper! And I LOVE the picture of her and that massive popsicle! It seems like she got over the whole thing very quickly. And I have to agree that I wish popsicles could solve emotional problems in my life (when I have them). Thanks for sharing. You look great, by the way!

Lisa Marie said...

Oh my gosh, SCARY!! Glad everything turned out good in the end. Kids are so easily soothed sometimes, and thank goodness for that!

Kendal and Kendra said...

thankgoodness we have popsicles and suckers! I am terrified that the exact same thing will happen to me with this next baby coming up! I am sure you do a great job! Somehow kids know just what to get into! You two look so great- even with all the stress!

Meg said...

Oh my lands! That is just so scary! I can't imagine. Honestly. I tasted activated charcoal once. After shoving it down several dogs throats I decided it was only fare. I actually got a dog to eat it willingly once by mixing it with some moist dog food. I can't believe he fell for it. Anyway, it was exactly what I expected charcoal to taste like. I can't believe she took all of the syringes! What a good girl! I love that the Popsicle made her happy, I too wish they could solve my problems sometimes. (P.S. You are an amazing mom and accidents happen!)

Emily said...

Lexie is a little trouble-maker!! Im sure it was a stressful and scary situation for you though. Dont worry, soon enough, you can tell people this in front of all of her friends and laugh at it. Im glad you are all ok! And yes, even early in the morning, the Galbraith Girls look good :)

Nicole said...

You look very hot! I am so sorry! Don't worry...Molly fell off the bed again the other day! Arrr! I'm glad Lexie had a popsicle though! She looked pretty happy about that!

Elisha said...

Oh beck! That is so sad!!! Don't worry, it happens to every mother. Last week Taylor talked Kenadee and my nephew into drinking hand sanitizer!! I wish I could tell you this would be the last time...but it won't!!!

Karissa said...

Hello Becky, its Karissa(Nikolaus).
I found you on Anne's blog and thought I would say hey. That is really scary about your daughter. Im glad everything is ok. When my first son was like 1 he got into the hydrogen peroxide, Luckily he didnt drink too much and turned out ok. Your family is adorably and you look amazing for just having a baby. Keep in touch girl!