My Poor Lexie. Moving has been a little difficult for her....actually not a little, ALOT. A couple days ago she literally cried 4 hours straight. She just kept saying "this is not my home. I want to go home. I want to go to my house". It honestly has been breaking my heart because obviously, there is nothing I can do. Something that she's been doing, much to my dismay, is that she will ONLY go potty on her potty seat. This is a new occurrence, something that came along with the move. She's afraid to go potty anywhere but on her potty seat because as she says "This is not my house". So....It took me a while, and cost me a pretty penny, but today she FINALLY went potty in the downstairs potty. I told her that if she went potty down there I would buy her ANYTHING she wanted at Target. She looked at me and said "anything Mommy?" I broke and told her anything. It's been killing me how sad she is and that she can't go potty anywhere--seriously, it's gotta be painful at times. Anyway, this is what she picked out! And do you see that smile on her face? I told her, each time she goes potty in a different potty than 'her' potty she will get a princess doll. She's done it twice now which means she has two dolls--maybe we're on our way up. It really has been rough the last couple weeks but I think she's going to be ok--I feel like that today anyway!
Just a little side note about my Lexie is that lately she has totally been into crafts. The other day she says "mommy, I want to make Rock people". It took me a minute to figure it out, but eventually I got it! And here is the end result. Honestly, As of lately, Lexie can ask for anything and I'd give it to her.
It's been an adjustment moving here to Colorado, but I think it's going to be great. The weather has been getting BEAUTIFUL and really, Castle Rock is breathtakingly gorgeous. I just hope that my little Lexie is on the uphill. It's been hard seeing my happy little 3 year old's world turn upside down, but she's a tough little cookie. I'm just glad she's three and not thirteen! I can't imagine how that would be!
Shay's has been doing really well. But that's just Shay. She goes with the flow and is ALWAYS smiling. I'm so grateful for my little girls!
8 comments:
Oh sweet little Lexie! It breaks my heart to think that she cried for 4 hours! I hope the adjustment for everyone else is going well :) Nice idea on the dolls- those rock!
Oh poor little Lexie! Well, not so poor now ;-) I'm glad you were able to ease her pain a bit. I love those rock people too. Cute idea!
ok...so i went pretty much 24 hours without crying and then i had to zone out this morning so i got on a few blogs and this post about lexie made me cry. it is so hard to see when your kid is sad and there really isn't anything you can do to fix the situation. but gratefully you figured out something to help...i LOVE the prize she picked out! way to max the most of the offer Lexie!! (she's a smart cookie!) i'm so happy that she is doing better and i hope it continues to get better for Lexie as she adjusts. love ya! (oh and i love that she is into crafts just like her mamma! )
When Trent told me that story about the dolls I died laughing! She is one smart little girl. On the flip side when he told me how sad she was getting I got really sad for her and might have shed a little tear. Things will definitely get better. We can't wait to see you guys in a couple months! Love you all!
Bribes are where it is at. =0) Especially when it involves princesses. I was excited to hear you moved to Castle Rock. The girls (Mckenna and Danielle) are competing at a Irish dance competition there in a couple of weeks. I might not go because Conner, our new little addition hates his car seat. Chad might just take them. We go to Colorado a lot to compete so we should hook up sometime. Moving is rough, but they do snap out of it. When we moved Mckenna cried and had a really hard time. The younger ones did a lot better. Hang in there it will get better.
Aw, that is so sad! Looks like she picked a great present:-) Hope things get better for her soon!
Lexie's smile with the dolls is CLASSIC! I am so sad that she has been so sad...but it does sound like it's getting better and I will pray for you and your cute little family so that things just keep getting better. I miss you guys!
Oh that is so sad!! And with her adorable dimples too...I am pretty sure I would give her anything too! Oh we miss you guys! Mom tole us some of the silly things that the girls did and I wish we lived there or you here! love you guys!
Post a Comment